– Little squares!
– Tao pok! Tofu! – Lard! Lard!
– Little squares lah! Hi everyone, welcome to another episode of TSL Plays. Today, we will be playing Taboo: Singaporean version. Here are the rules. Ok, ____ kulit. Indonesian art. – Indonesian art?
– Batik! No! Indonesian art. Uh… The word also means… to try to do something to show off. Er, hao lian (show-off). Malay word! – Malay word! Malay word!
– Pass. Pass. Pass. Ok! What’s at the south of Singapore? Malaysia. – South of Singapore lah!
– Malaysia. Philippines? Thailand? Sentosa… Cove? Sentosa Resort? – What is…
– Island! – Yes.
– Sentosa Island. Good job, Janna! Oh, my God! Xenia always says this. – Who?!
– Walau eh. Correct! You’re so clever. Uh, ok… Attraction in Singapore! – Big… big…
– Flyer? Singapore Flyer? Merlion! – Near there!
– Marina Bay Sands. – Nearby! Behind it!
– Gardens By The Bay! Yeah! Correct! Correct! Time’s up. (Janna) is carrying the team. – (Janna) is carrying the team.
– Huh? We’re done? It’s a Filipino word – when you go
overseas and bring stuff back. Huh? What? – Filipino word?
– Yeah, ok. Never mind. – You’re passing that?
– “Ok, never mind”?! Yes! We got one point! ‘A man who likes to look at girls’. – Cheekopek.
– Yeah!!! Cheekopek! Yes! You are a cheekopek. She’s in… in here… not in this room… but outside… in this department. – Charmaine! Charsew!
– Jeslene! Nope. Nope. Huh?! – Alison.
– Yes. Full name? Alison… Tan! ‘Alison Tan’ is one of the answers?! This is an attraction. Nicholas mentioned it just now. – Gardens by the Bay!
– Flyer! Singapore Flyer! – Uh, so this is… You said ‘Charmaine’ just now, right?
– Yes. (And) Jeslene. – No, no. It’s not a person. It’s a…
– Char siew! Pork! It’s a drink in the coffee shop. – Yeo’s!
– Sugarcane! Yeo’s drinks! Sugarcane! – They have to make it!
– Bandung! Milo! – Time’s Up.
– Are we leading? Yes! We are leading. Ok. It is a… it is a… noodle… Quack! – Hawker food… There are Malay and Chinese versions.
– Satay! – Punggol…
– Rojak! Nasi Lemak! – Ok. Um…
– Hurry up! Hurry up! – You always buy this from overseas but it’s not allowed in Singapore.
– Souvenirs! Alcohol! Cigarettes! To eat. Chew! Chew! – Chewing gum?
– Hey! No! Quack! Just now I mentioned this attraction. The first one. – Marina Bay Sands! Gardens By The Bay!
– No, no, the ugly one. – Merlion!
– Singapore Flyer! Ugly?! – ‘The very ugly one?!’
– Mean sia! On the purple line… – Punggol!
– Instawalk… Heritage… – …Culture…
– Little India! – No, the other one!
– Chinatown! The one where there’s a lot of hipster food. – Tiong Bahru!
– Bugis! It’s this carni- – Oh, shit. I’m terrible…
– Quack!!! Nicholas!!! There’s this stereotype that there’s this particular… Time’s up! This particular racial group likes to do
something in a particular part of the room. – Relax one corner!
– No, the other word. Singaporean bread! Breakfast! Sunshine! – Kopi… Quack! You said ‘Quack’ yourself. – Lee Kuan Yew started…
– Lee Hsien Loong! – …started the what?
– PAP! – The full name!
– People’s Action Party! Very good! TSL has a lot of those plastic… – Ah! Plastic!
– Quack! – He must quack.
– Quack! Singaporeans are very… they always will…
– He must quack.
– Quack! Singaporeans are very… they always will… be… scared to… Go movies! Go… haunted house! – Halloween Horrors!
– Singaporeans are known to be scared to… – Kanchiong! Kiasu!
– Yes! – What’s ‘high SES’?
– Rich! No! Another word! Singaporean word! – Rich! Crazy Rich Asian!
– Atas! Atas! Very good! Hired or Fired… Xenia went to do this with the uncle! ‘Hired or Fired’! Cannot! It’s a… it’s a dress… – Cheongsam!
– The other word! Sari! Sari? Qipao. – Is it ‘qipao’?
– It’s ‘kebaya’. Just start! Just start! Go! When you’re feeling hot and you eat ice cream, you’ll feel very… – Cool down!
– Chill! No! What’s this Singaporean word? ‘Relax’? Uh… ‘Shiok’? ‘Shiok’! What’s this word?! Oh! You go to… uh… Paktor (dating). Somerset! – Orchard? Orchard?
– 313! Orchard Road! You want to buy… Singaporeans are always very… when they buy something… – Sale?
– Chiong! Chiong! No! Just now she said… the… ‘atas’! ‘High SES’! When you need to go overseas you need to bring… – Passport!
– Yes! The… char kuay teow… Cockles! Tao gey! – Little squares!
– Tao pok! Tofu! – Tofu!
– Lard! Lard! Little squares lah! The shoes! Time’s up! It’s carrot cake! Kuay teow?! What kuay teow?! He felt so sad that you didn’t get it! – I cannot eat…
– Pork! – Halal? Bak Kwa?
– The brand! The brand! The… (imitates bee) – The brand starts with…
– No sound lah! She’s Indian… influencer. – Preetipls!
– Yes! You go to the… the mama shop, and you order what? You go to the mama shop and, uh… – It’s flat… circle…
– Prata! “Eh, you don’t…” Those aunties like to what? Giam siap (stingy)? – They want to ask people about what they do.
– Kay poh! Oh, this one! – The boys will go to this particular place…
– NS! – Take the…
– Tekong! – The full name!
– Ferry! Tekong ferry terminal! – The full name of the…
– Pulau Tekong! – Pulau Tekong!
– Yes! We got it! Stress leh. Ok, it’s in a red box… – Christmas present?
– No! It’s coming soon! – It’s coming soon! The…
– Chinese New Year? – The festival is coming soon.
– Chinese New Year? – What do you eat?
– Angbao? Yusheng? Lou hei? – What do you eat?
– Pineapple tarts! – No, it’s in a box.
– Love letters? Some more! Can I just skip this? Yes! I said ‘pineapple tarts’ already! Oh, correct! It’s a guy. Nathan Hartono and… – … his good friend.
– Benjamin Kheng! What’s this? Oh my gosh. Um, the yellow coloured sign. – Old Chang Kee!
– Oh, my God! Very… er… pokey. Huh? – Pokey. Pokey.
– Cactus? – ‘Pokey’ as in…
– Esplanade! What is it? – A theatre? Esplanade theatre?
– A dome? – What kind of…
– Durian! What do they do at Pulau Tekong? – BMT!
– National Service! Then if they don’t do something, what’s it called? – AWOL!
– No! – Chao keng!
– Yeah… Too late! An attraction near the museum! – Huh?
– The big, big building with three… The three buildings, and on top there’s the… Marina Bay Sands! Ouch. – Leopard… Uh…
– Zoo! Singapore Zoo! In the… in the dark! – Night Safari…
– Quack! Got… bird in the food. – Huh?!
– It’s a very nice food with lots of garlic… ‘Bird in the food’?! What’s that?! What kind of food has a bird in it? Roast duck! It’s Singaporean! Roast duck! Pork! No! The simplest bird! The most basic bird! Pelican! Pelican food! – Got garlic!
– So easy! Oi! Are you serious?! White colour… then got black colour! Chicken rice! Took you so long! – It’s an app… It’s a yellow coloured app.
– Tinder! Hungrygowhere! Chope! The… the one where you go to… (makes weird sounds) Zouk! Yes! (PD) The Blue team won. Good fight! A good fight! – This was a true underdog story.
– Yes. A comeback tale for the ages. Can I just say that they had no faith in me at the start? Eat my words. – They didn’t believe in her! So bad!
– They were so mean. We had zero faith. – In the end, she carried you guys.
– She got this. – You proved us wrong.
– Yes. MVP. Thank you for watching this episode of TSL Plays. If you liked this video, don’t forget to Like, Share and Subscribe. And don’t forget to watch our other videos there! Bye!