– No, no, no, no!
Is this Monsters, Inc.? – No! ♪ (upbeat video game music) ♪ – “Little Nightmares.”
Never heard of this. – Never heard of it. I mean, I have little nightmares, but I don’t think it’s
the same thing as the game. – It’s gonna be dark. I know that.
– (laughing) – (FBE) Much of this game
is meant to be discovered and interpreted
as you play through, so all we’re going to tell you
is that you play as a nine-year-old girl named Six, trying to escape
something called “The Maw.” – Sounds a little
like Stranger Things. – I’m just assuming
she’s a test subject, and she’s escaping. I don’t know why else
she would be named Six. – Trying escape Maw.
– Like a mother. So we’re running away
from her mom or something? – I hope it’s actually scary. ♪ (unsettling music) ♪ – What are they? – The game already
has me hallucinating. – (both laughing) – I think that’s a person.
– I think that’s the girl. ♪ (music intensifying) ♪ – Oh, okay. (water falling softly) – What the?
– Okay. – It’s creepy. It’s definitely
giving off that vibe. Oh.
♪ (music intensifying) ♪ Yeah, well, that’s fair. – Oh, were we dreaming?
– Oh. – Was that our little nightmare? – Oh, wow, this game
looks really nice, actually. (water falling softly)
– Oh. – Oh, you’re controlling it?
– You can move. – Oh! What the heck?
I am playing as her. It’s third person.
That’s actually really cool. – All right, so let’s jump–
this is a match? No, I take that back.
It’s a lighter. – Why is she small? Okay, climb up there. Maybe not, okay,
we’re not gonna climb up there. (gasping) Oh my god!
– Ooh, okay. No.
– What are those? – I’m scared to use it, though. – It doesn’t have a bar or anything,
so I feel like it could be okay. – Can I light this? – Oh. (gasping) Wow. – That looks like
a little door slot thing. – This way. – Can you raise
your arm, like, to grab it? – Yeah, here we go.
R2 is to open. (hinge squeaking) – L2 is to squat like that. – Wow, this is claustrophobic. – And stand up.
Now where do we go? Go, go thing, go, go, thing, go. – A little girl lost in
some industrial ship or something. – I still know nothing
about this game. – Keep going. Oh, it does.
I thought it stopped– – Oh!
– Oh, check– ‘kay. – This way? – I want to know
what she looks like. Does she have a cute face? Is she just not that cute? – What if we’re
the nightmare? (laughing) – She’s got a fisherman’s coat on.
– Yeah. – I thought that
was a raincoat before. Ooh, and the chains?
– The chains, yeah. It’s definitely a boat. – She seems very small
in whatever this is. – Is there someone over there?
Do you see that? – Yeah, that might be a person, yeah. – A little dude over there? – (gasping)
– Oh my god. I knocked it over. – Can I do anything with you?
I can pick you up. Oh, I just dropped you. – Can I throw it? ♪ (unearthly chime) ♪ What does that mean? ♪ (unearthly chime) ♪
– Whoa, okay. It’s some black magic crap. – Slightly worried. Like, if I’m supposed to do that. – Whoa… okay,
so she’s not average sized because this is the couch.
– That couch is huge. – And– wait, somebody’s
just this looking at us. – Oh, really?
– Yeah, in the door. – Whoa!
– What the whoa? – That light. Uh… – A person walked past, I think. – I think I need to get up
there, you know? – Oh gosh, she held
onto the window, okay. – Jumping and then holding–
– There we go. – Okay, how do I grab on? Oh! Oh!
– Nice. – I think I missed the mattress
I was supposed to land on. – Look how skinny her legs are.
– I know. – I feel like if she drops
too– oh, whoa! – Oh, yikes. – Oh my god! Is he hanging? – Wait, can we grab– is there a note? – I can’t grab it. – (sighing) We gotta use this chair. – (moaning)
– That’s dark. You gotta use the chair
the guy used to kill himself with. – I feel like we’re supposed
to be finding a deeper meaning within all of this, but I still
have no clue what’s going on. – This could be a dream. Just the whole game’s
probably just a dream. (door opening) – Aww.
– Wait, the door had an eye. – I know, the Illuminati.
– Stop! – It’s just so quiet.
There’s no music or anything. It’s just–
(water falling softly) Looks like somebody
tried to get in here. – I’ma open it.
(creature croaking) – Oh, wait, that
little thing ran away. – What is that? Did you see that? – Something fell off? I was looking at
the fridge the entire time. – Something scurried away. – Aah, there’s a body in there. – (sighing) Shut up. – Never mind, they’re just shoes. – Those are shoes. – Someone come get their zapatos. – This place,
whatever it is, is broken. – Okay, now we’re on the roof. – What the hell? – Oh, there’s something else there. Oh, what the– hey!
Don’t touch me. – Can you grab it?
– I don’t want to! – Is it going to hurt us? – Oh, ew!
– Ew! – Ew, go!
– Ew! Ew! (whimpering) My god.
(babbling) – Oh my god, what is that?
– Aaah, it’s a leech! ♪ (game over music) ♪
– What the hell is that? – So my dummy head
just got us killed. No– uh, okay, I was going to say,
“We have to start all over?” – No.
– All right, where we at? – Run, run, run, run. – (whimpering)
– Oh! – That looks like a leech. – Yeah, we should
probably not grab it. – My god, that is so nasty. – There’s another leech right there. – Okay, maybe if I run around it. Yep– aah!
– Oh my god. Disgusting. – Get away, foul beast.
– Oh, there’s a lot of them. Oh my god.
They’re all leeches. – Run!
– Oh, Jesus. That is nasty. What is this? (gate opening)
Ooh. – Oh, ooh. – Turn on your little flashlight and run. Ooh.
– Aaah, more leeches. – Run this way. Just run around them, I guess. – I got a feeling we gotta go
through that door. (gate shutting) – Oh, well, now we’re locked in here. (gate shutting)
– Oh my god. – Oh.
– (laughing) No. I’m so scared. – Just crouch, yeah. All right, um, there is another–
– There’s a little gnome. Oh!
– Did I just die? – Come back, what are you doing? What are you doing?
– Are those evil gnomes? – Oh my god!
– Awww. – No, she’s going to die.
She’s in, like– – (gasping)
– Ahhhh! – Oh my god!
Run, run, run, run, run. – AHH!
– Ah, jump! – Oh. Oh.
– Oh god. – This was a mistake. – Oh my god.
– (gasping) No! No! No! No! ♪ (game over music) ♪
No. – What is that? – Jump.
– Ah! No!
– No. Oh, goddamn it. – Oh no, they’re coming!
Wait, how do I go? – I’m just gonna run.
Just stick on the sideline. Go! – Ew.
– (shrieking) No! There’s so many. What the heck? – Are we stuck in here?
Oh my– oh my god. Oh, Jesus.
– Can you push on the door? – Oh, wait. GO!!
– Ah, shit. – Oh!
– Yes! – Oh, sweet baby Jesus. – Oh, nice, okay. OH! Pffft!
– Oh! (laughing) Oh, that was a little close. – Okay, nice. – Do I go up here?
– Yeah. – How do I climb? Oh. (eerie noises)
– (gasping) – Whoa!
– Ah! Maybe we’re supposed to follow it
because he was running away. – Maybe he’s my friend. – Hey, come back here. – It’s one of those
little triangle thingies. – The heck? – Okay.
– Why is her light getting– – Oh, the light feels like
it’s not shedding as far as it should. – Ooh, I’m just going to run. – (gasping)
– Whoa, that was close. – Ooh, we’re getting higher.
The wind’s picking up. – Yeah. Ugh. (wind whistling)
– Door? – (mumbling softly) (wind whistling)
How about this way? (wind howling) I guess we gotta–
– Crank that thing. – Lever.
(lever creaking) – Okay. – We opened something up. Hey, there’s a bunch of light now. Oh, I think we opened
the middle door. Oh, there’s a timer? – We have to run somewhere. ♪ (tense music) ♪
– Where though? – Follow the light,
follow the light, follow– – Oh, wait. Aaaah– AH!!
– Oh, I get it. Okay. – You have to jump across. Try to jump across next time.
– Okay. – It lights up the gap, too.
It’s like, “Hey. This gap.” – Sprint and jump
and sprint, sprint, sprint, sprint sprint, sprint, sprint!
Oh my god. – Woo!
– Oh, there’s that slide. – (anxiously) Oh.
(lever creaking) – Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! Go!
– Go, jeez! – No! Come on, Six, you got this. Yes.
– Ooh-wee! – Oh, there’s something here. Open! Oh, bitch, come back here.
– Get ’em. – Whoa!
– Ah! – Okay, maybe
we should just follow him. – It looks like the little things
from Silent Hill, the pyramid heads. – Uh… let’s see.
♪ (eerie music) ♪ It probably got away.
Wow, this is a big place. – Oh, wow! What the hell
is that thing? – Ugh– oh!
– Oh, what is that? – I’m assuming let’s try not to get
in that spotlight, though. – What is this, Rapunzel? – Dude, the gnome is your friend. He’s trying to help you get out.
– Yeah. – There’s that eye again. – Oh my god, I’m kind of scared
’cause I just saw that thing and now I know I’m going
to have to encounter it at some point and I’m not…
– I know. – …ready for that. – Is that a rat? Oh!
– Oh my god. ♪ (game over music) ♪
– Okay, well– – Let me try. Let’s see. – Let’s try not to run
into electrical fences. – Can I cut the power? – Go back, there’s a switch–
– Oh, hello. – Oh, maybe we can
turn it off from there. – Try moving those
toilet paper rolls toward it. – True, how do I grab?
– Uh, right trigger. – Hey! Goddamn–
(electricity surging) Oh, come on! – Oh, there’s also a timer.
– Oh, go, go, go, go. It’s going to electrocute us. (time ticking)
Yes. – Okay, I’m out.
– Turn on your light. – It looks like we get a see saw,
and bunch of swings here. Oh, we’re in a kids room. – So I think we’re on a boat
because everything I see that’s round or circular,
they’re moving back and forth. – Don’t run into the train, yeah. – (both) Oh!
– Shit. – Oh, you have to go back
and run through both. – So that’s why it was timed. – Back. Turn it off,
and then run again. There’s a little window up there
you can go back through. – Oh, I see it.
– You just have to climb on that. – Hardcore parkour.
– It’s gonna be very dark. We just got to book it.
– All right. (electrical surge)
– Run! – Go! Go! Go!
– Go, go, go, go, go. Six, Six, Six.
– Run your little legs. – (snickering) You wasted two seconds
just on that little door. – I know. – This lack of light makes
everything ten times harder. – Oh my god!
– Yes, okay. – Cells, we’re assuming. – Those were bars
on the doorways there, so– – Yeah, that didn’t even occur
to me that there were electrified bars. I just thought it
was part of the puzzle game. – Oh my god.
– (gasping) – Oh my god, no! – Oh, it’s a security camera, so you have to move
around it, probably. – You should probably hide
in the shadow of that beam. Now. Run!
– Tsssssh. – OH!!
– Oh my god. – When it goes back there,
I think we have to sprint across to that thing. – I don’t think there’s
any way we can, though, because it’s still lit up. Oh, wait, I see what–
– Go, go, go, go. – Oh, come on.
– (groaning) ♪ (jarring music) ♪
– Oh, Jesus, I’m dying. Oh my god, it’s
turning me to stone. – Ooh, that’s why those
other babies got wrecked. – You want to give it a go?
– Yeah, sure. (low electronic humming) – Ooh. – One of those babies just gave up, and they went into
full armadillo position. – Ooh. – Go. – Oh shit. – Go up. No wait, don’t go up. (stammers) Never mind. Okay, we’re fine. – Okay, we’re gonna climb up. – I’m just gonna go this way.
Right always seems the right way. (slight creaking) – Uh…
(wind whistling creepily) – Ooh, I don’t like that wind.
– I don’t either. (door slams) – (gasps)
– No, no, no, no, no. Is this Monsters, Inc.? – Oh!
– Oh God. – Hide under a bed.
– How? – Just duck.
– (giggles) – Okay. – Oh [bleep]. Turn off the light.
Turn off the light. Turn off the light. (quietly) What the hell is that?
– I’m lying under here. – Oh, ’cause there’s stuff
in front of the bed. You can’t really see. – Ew. – I’m gonna start crying.
This is you guys’s fault. – Okay, it’s leaving. (door creaking) – Yeah, so I think those are monsters.
– All right. So it seems like they’re like
“mother figures” or something, and they’re trying to raise us. – Oh, there’s the door the way, but there’s lights coming on and off. – Is that them story? Oh.
– Oh. – Yeah, it’s them. (chuckles) – I think you have to climb
on that grate to your left. – Yeah. – Whoa.
– Can you make it that way? I think you have to.
– Yeah, you can. – It looked like it couldn’t see. It had something wrapped around its eyes, and it was feeling around everywhere. – Looked like a burn victim
who’s never got their bandages off. – Yeah. – I just had a feeling that thing
was gonna collapse. – (croaky groan)
– I don’t want to see that thing again. – I don’t either, but I know
we’re gonna have to. – More rats. Where’s our little gnome friend? (eerie breath, pulsating sound) – I didn’t do anything. – What– uh-oh. What the hell’s going on? – You have to use the bathroom? – Aw, is she hungry? Aww.
– She’s hungry? – Oh, she’s holding her stomach now. Either we’re really hungry,
or there’s something inside of us. – Poor girl. I feel so bad.
– Oh, and her breathing. You’ll be fine. Come on. – The cafeteria’s right here, I think. – You got this, Six. Come on.
– Oh, what the heck? – Cafeteria’s right there. – Okay, now, seriously, what’s going on with this little girl?
– I don’t know. I’m concerned. – Friend, give us food.
– Pass me over some chicken. – Do you not see that
she’s dying? She can’t climb! – (gasps) – Oh, she needs bread. She’s hungry. – Oh, thank you.
– Nice. – Thank you. Yes.
– It looks like they’re trying to help us escape. – Thank you, whatever your name is. I want to know who that is though.
– I know. – Like, just–
– Like, is the bread okay to eat? – Thanks, dog. (chuckles) – …back up there. I know
you have energy now. But we need to repay that person back. – Aw, there’s a noose.
– There’s a noose? – There’s a noose up there. – A shower. – Welcome to MTV Cribs.
This is where I shower. (chuckles) – It’s pretty nice.
We got a leak over here, free water.
– We have three shower heads. You know, only ballers. – Looks like you have to climb along
that thing in the back. – They have a lot of these
little cage things. – It’s electrified. – Look for the power. Is it up?
– Yeah, probably. – You get to use all of the wall. – What are in these crates? (chuckles) – I want to know. What do
they have these for? – I think you have to do
a wall jump. Yeah. Cool. She’s good at parkour too?
Man. This girl can do everything. – Fight it.
– There we go. – Go!!
– You got it. Okay, phew.
– So now what do we do? – Climb up the chain? – I’m up. – This game has been
too chill for a while. – I know.
– We can’t just have a chill game? Like, we’re gonna have
villains at some point. If they look like that thing,
I’m not prepared. – So there’s two levers there.
– Uh… – I think one of those
probably lowers the boxes. (chain rattling)
– (gasps) – Um… no way. – Ooh.
– Yes. – Oh, I think you can
bring it all the way over. And then you’re gonna
have to switch it back and then run and jump on it. – Make the jump, little girl!
– (gasps) – Yeah!
– Oh my god. Oh my god. – (grunting) – Oh.
– (heavy sigh of relief) Easy. – I think we just need to climb up…
– Oh. – …and then that way. Not that one. The chain, chain.
– Okay. – (nervously) Oh my god. – All right, nice. – I feel like we’re going back. Okay. So I obviously have to climb up here. – Okay, let’s see if I can pull this out. Yep.
– Yeah. – Seems like they’re not
very organized in this ship. – What the heck?
Is that as far as it goes? – I was trying to pull this one out…
– Uh-huh. – …and then jump on it.
– Like stairs. – Yep, that one’s locked.
This one’s not locked. – All right, there we go. – There it is.
– Okay. (electricity powering down)
– Oh my god. Hold on, hold on, where are we?
– Go, go, go, go, go. – Jump on the lever. (electricity powering down) Can’t see anything. – Run, run, run, run, run, run, run. – There’s, no, like… – Oh.
– …ticking, so I think we’re good. – I don’t know. I don’t trust it. – (mumbling quietly) (gasps)
– Oh, there’s something in the box. – Oh my god, something’s
locked in here. Get out! (creaking) You’re free.
– Oh, so those things are nice. Try pushing that thing in the hole.
– Oh. – (chuckling) To the edge.
– (chuckling) – (gasps)
– No! – Oh, a noose! – I think we’re supposed
to sit in it and ride it down. – Wow, thanks, game. Oh, we can hold it. – Oh, so we’re just
as heavy as a little brick. – No?
– I’ve been waiting for this moment my whole life. (laughing) Oh no! Not that one. Damn it. – Oh.
– Damn it. – Oh. Ooh. – Meanwhile…
– Grab it. – Meanwhile, you killed yourself.
– (chuckling) – Oh, okay. We’re good.
We’re not gonna die. ♪ (dramatic chord) ♪ Whoa.
– Ooh. – Where are we? – Did we re-spawn where
we were supposed to be? – Do I have to start all the way
from where you were? – (sucks air through teeth)
Yeah, I meant to do that. I just wanted to, you know, let you–
– Oh, that blows so– Oh wait, there’s more leeches.
– Oh wait. What the hell? I think this is different now. – No! Noooo! Run, run, run. What are you doing? – (whimpering) That’s so disgusting.
– Okay. – Wait, why are we back
in the same place but darker? – Let’s go straight through.
– Okay. – Oh, the door is gone now.
– Oh, yeah, because we hit the switch. That was a hallway?
– We did all that for the switch? – I feel like I hear more–
oh, there’s an eye again. – Oh.
– What?! – Oh.
– All right, we’re good. – Shit. What’s this? – A janitor’s cart? – I guess we have to walk with it.
– Yeah, go, go, go. – Okay. No, no, no, no, no, no, no! – Go, go, go. Go, go, go.
– (screams) (both exclaiming)
Dang it! – Oh, this is gonna suck.
This is gonna suck. This is gonna– no. Why did you trip?
– No, no. – She tripped. – Run! No! Why’d you stop?
– No, why can’t– – Why’d you stop?
– You do it. Screw this. – You had it. You stopped.
– I know I do. – Dang trashcan. (exhales in relief) – I swear to God, if you trip– Stop tripping! – No! Go.
– Oh God. – Hoo.
– Ooh. – Ohh. – Keep your eye on that trashcan.
– Go, go, go, go, go, go, go. – Oh-oh, no, go, go, go.
– Yes, yes, yes, okay. – This angle is [bleep] with me so much. (loud rattling)
What? – Aaah.
– Aaah, okay. – Okay, there we go. – No!
– Go, go, go, go, go. – Okay. We did it. – Go. Oh my–
– Jump up. Jump up. Go. Jump up. Go. No. Go.
– Oh my god. Ohh. – Easy. We weren’t even
worried. (chuckling) – Okay, something just opened.
– Oh, I hear something. Are those gnomes?
– My little gnome friends. – Follow those things.
– The door’s just opening just to be nice. Okay. I thought I was trippin’. – Ooh, we made it past
the little section. Okay. – Oh my god.
– Whew. That was stressful. – Thanks for watching us
play Little Nightmares on the React channel. – Let us know in the comments which other games
you’d love to see us play. – Bye, guys. We’ll see you next time. – Hey, everybody. Derek here,
one of the React channel producers. I hope you really enjoy this
first episode of Little Nightmares, but there are so many more coming. We’re doing the full game
from beginning to end. Make sure you subscribe
and hit that notification button so you don’t miss a single one. We’ll see you on episode two. Bye!