– ( rooster crows )
– ( lion roars )Welcome to
“Good Mythical More.” Thanks for coming on through
and hanging on out with us. We’re going to enjoy
some movie trivia and some mail. “QTMBA”– That’s a
Question That Must Be Answered, and that question is… “What’s your official opinion
on dolphins and their species?” – What’s your–
– I’m pro dolphin. It’s a controversial
question. No, I’m pro dolphin.
I’ve always been pro dolphin. I’m threatened by dolphins. – Really.
– Yeah. Yeah, it’s like, you know,
they could take over. Dolphins are our protectors,
man. You’re all concerned
about A.I., but…
( chuckles ) And dolphins
are smarter than people. And they would let you know
if they just had opposable
thumbs to write something. Exactly. Exactly. What are we doing now, huh? ♪ You know what day it is ♪ ♪ It’s Thursday ♪ ♪ And Thursday ♪ – ♪ Means mail ♪
– ( gargling ) Ooh. Hello, Jen. Oh, hello. Are you going to flinch
every time I look at you? You got any flour bags, Jen? Here come some more messages.
Thank you. Flour bags, cup cakes, Is there something
we need to resolve? Is there something you need to
get off your chest here, Jen? I don’t know. We’ll see
in a couple episodes. Who knows? Might happen again.
You know. Oh, goodness. Keep him guessing, Jen. You know what?
That goes both ways. That goes both ways. So I should be on guard
in the office at all times? Yeah, I can throw
a mean cupcake if one’s ever given to me. – All right, well–
– You should see me
with a dart. Yeah, I don’t wanna–
I’ve seen you
throw them at Chase. Yeah. If Link starts to throw
something at you, just don’t move,
and he won’t hit you. Yeah. I’m a dangerous guy
to be throwing stuff at. – That’s incredible advice.
– That’s the secret with
avoiding Link. Don’t dodge.
You might run right into it. You know what?
For the sake of mail, okay, move on. – Okay. All right.
– Um… we should prompt you
to send us more mail to our P.O. box, which is published at, um… Various places including
the description on the video. Yeah, it’s the description
on the video. Mythical.co. You got to
the Website mythical.co. – Send us things that you
– Click on “contact.” …we would find interesting
to talk about, like what we’re going
to talk about today. – Our experience.
– Yeah. We also have this game
“Pass The Popcorn Game.” Since when do games have to
have the word “game” on them? They might think
it’s popcorn. Yeah, I think
that’s a great answer. Hey, look,
you get flat popcorn. That’s great.
That’s a new invention. What if you could take out
sheets of popcorn… Oh, you do it in space. That’s what popcorn in space
is, is sheet popcorn. Then we open this up,
and it’s just full
of this stuff. Is this how we’re
going to do this? Yeah, I learnt this
a little bit ago, so I’m an expert naturally. But you didn’t learn grammar. – What?
– “Learnt” is not a thing,
Jen. I’m trying to be your friend.
I’m only trying to help you. – There’s no animosity here.
– Okay, wow, that’s savage. Oh, oh, yeah. Savage. I said something that… I love the tension. Whatever. – Uh, so…
– And what do we have here? – Is this a–
– Oh, yeah, I’ll do this. Here, take that letter. Ooh, it’s got a seal on it. Yeah, it’s pretty cool. And then take that book. I love wax seals.
I have one. Nerdy enough. – Really?
– Yeah. Do you use it often? I used to use it
in high school. I would hand write people
letters with, like,
my quill and ink, which is also very strange. – It’s very–
– Oh, you’re an old soul, Jen. It’s like a Harry Potterish
thing to do, right? – Yeah, yeah.
– Is it part of that culture? I wanted to be
at Hogwarts so bad. – Right.
– Yeah. And this one says
“Rilla’s Emporium.” That sounds like it could be
part of “Harry Potter.” It does. Yeah. Break the seal. – Oh.
– It’s been broken.
I’m sorry. It’s been broken.
Sorry. Screening it. “Dear Rhett and Link,
I’m writing to from the ‘uk’ town
of Thirsk, North ‘Yerkshire.'” – Hmm.
– That’s the U.K. “Both my sister and I
are fans of your show, and we’d like to give you
this extra special edition of your fantastic book
as a gift. Huh. Thank you
and your stellar team for all the laughs
we’ve had over the years while watching your antics
on YouTube. From the moment I started
reading your book, I knew it had to have
an epic cover to match its content, so I hope you like
what I’ve done to it. Please be aware that
I am still learning this craft, – so I hope you can forgive
– Wow. – She literally…
– Link: Bound it. Rhett:
…bound it. Took it out of… Jen: It’s cool. – Wow.
– That’s awesome. “If laughter is truly
the best medicine, then you two have been among
the very best of my doctors, and I wanted to show
my appreciation the only way I know how. I look forward to many more
years of waking up to
‘Good Mythical Morning,’ and wish you your families,
teammates, and those two gorgeous dogs.
All the best.” You know, if you included
the dogs, you’re gonna get read. “Sincerely,” uh… Now, it’s– See, it’s– – “Marilla”– “Marilla Beacham.”
– I keep opening to a chapter
starting. – That’s crazy.
– But would that be Maria? Maria with two “L”s? So maybe
it’s “Reeya’s” Emporium. – “Reeya.” I would say
that two “L”s
– Also, she’s from the U.K. – Yeah, and Mikala Beacham.
– So maybe they pronounce
their “L”s there. I am not sure. That is really, really cool. Rilla? It’s Rilla cool? Rilla, Rilla cool. Rilla, Rilla cool.
Thank you. Rilla “Reeya.” Sorry, I’m guessing
at that point. All right. It’s got an antiquated photo
on the back. – Antiquated.
– That looks great. It feels really solid. – It should live
in an old book shelf.
– Yeah, that’s an art form. Yeah, it’s going to live
in our office, though. – So this game that I learnt.
– All right, so let’s take
turns. – Learned.
– That’s right. – Stick with it.
– Don’t. So we each choose two tiles. And then we place them
face up in front of us. So everyone can see them? Yeah, everyone can see them. Okay, I’ve got
two cast tiles here. I’ve got characters
and quotes. So one person is the reader
of the round. And the reader chooses a card. And– I’ll be the reader
for the first round. Both: okay. You read the–
If you look on here, it’s the year
and it’s the genre of the movie
that you guys will be guessing. All right, go for it. So this one is
a 2011 comedy. Okay. So, Link, you’re going to be
guessing first. And if you want to know
the cast of the 2011 comedy, ’cause that’s one
of your things, you say,
“I would like to use this.” And I can give you that clue. – Rhett, do you have a cast one?
– So you have characters. – I have characters and quotes.
– Got it, got it. Okay, so if you also
had a cast one, then you would be able to also
put out a guess, but since you don’t, you can’t. I can’t even guess unless– – No.
– Okay, got it. So he gets the first guess. So that’s my advantage
in using cast. Okay. Say you want to know
the cast. But you don’t read
anything first? Just 2011 comedy. And now you say,
“I wanna know the cast.” I wanna know the cast. George Clooney, Beau Bridges,
and Matthew Lillard. George Clooney
and Beau Bridges? And Matthew Lillard. – Oh.
– In a 20– 2011 comedy. I wouldn’t call that a comedy,
but… – You can’t guess.
– You can’t guess, brother. Otherwise you lose. – I can’t remember–
– I can take his answer. I can’t remember
the name of it. – 2011?
– Yeah. I didn’t watch comedies
that year. Oh, it was just a no-comedy
sort of year for you? – Yeah.
– Okay. I’m horrible at this. I don’t know
who Matthew Lillard is
off the top of my head. I don’t know who Beau Bridges
or Matthew Lillard is. I– 2011’s too early. So I’m gonna get… I can’t ask for more cast? – Unfortunately
that’s all I have.
– Give me more cast. I’m going to guess that– I can’t remember any comedies that Clooney was
in besides that– I mean, I can give you– …that Cohen Brothers movie,
but that wasn’t that old. – If I’m thinking–
– The one about
the movie industry. – Is that it?
– No. Okay, then I give up.
Give it to him. Okay, now, Rhett, you can use
one of your tokens. I’ll do a quote
from the movie. “Who is he?
I’d like to know who the guy is
that my wife was seeing.” Yeah, it’s the movie
about Hawaii. It takes place on Kauai. – Uh, Des– Des–
– “De Family.” – “The Leftovers.”
– “Descendants.” – I got it.
– So Link got it.
So now that you got it… – I knew it as soon as you said
it had those three guys in it.
– You flip it. I just can’t remember names
of things. – And now you have–
– I get another one. No, you don’t get another one. – I took two of these.
– And so that means
that you have a point. Okay, so now– And now you read
and Rhett guesses first. I turn the quote over
’cause I used it. 2001 musical. 2001 musical? – Oh, gosh.
– I don’t like this one. – Let’s do another one.
– Oh, gosh. I don’t like that one either. It’s gotta be a movie
that Link likes, okay? 2006 comedy. 2006 comedy. Rhett? I’ll go with a quote again. All right. “Shake and bake!” Ha! “Talladega Nights”! – You got one.
– That’s the easiest. Now you pick one
that’s fun to do. You pick one that’s fun, man. Don’t pick one that’s… Don’t pick a lame one,
Chip. …lame. Sorry, did I choose
a lame one? No, you chose the first one. Great. I’m not being critical
of what you’re doing at all. Mm-hm. You’re just playing the game,
Jen. – I just–
– That’s what I always do. I modified it
to play it better. That’s what I did
with the flour. Yeah, you looked straight at me. We made eye contact. And when I watched
the footage back, I could tell. I actually didn’t make
eye contact with you. I made eye contact
with the flour. You were catching
another bag of flour. Okay, I got one. You caught me in my moment
of weakness. 2011 comedy. Okay. So now it’s my turn. So I’m going to say cast. Cast– Jason Bateman, Charlie Day,
and Jennifer Aniston. – Oh, oh, “Horrible Bosses”?
– Oh, you know this. Yeah, girl! All right, let’s go lightning
round for this next one, Jen. Oh, what does that mean? – Just we’re going to go fast.
– It means super fast. Okay, don’t know
what that is. – We’ve all gotten one, right?
– Yep. Okay, next point wins. And it can only be me or Link. I like that. Okay. Whatever. It was his idea. 2011 comedy. 2011 was big for comedies. Yeah, didn’t watch comedies that
year either. I’m going to go with cast. Okay, Rose Byrne,
Maya Rudolph, and Kristen Wiig. ( grunting ) – “Bridesmaids.”
– ( Rhett and Jen) Yes. All right, Link, you win, even though I knew that one,
too. I knew it, too. ‘Cause I saw it on the card. Oh, wow, a handshake,
okay. Well, you shake
the loser’s hand. – ( laughing ) Gah.
– Oh. Can I take it back?